Friday, July 10, 2009

C is for cookie...

And if that cookie is an Oreo (or 15), that's good enough for me. I took this shot for the second assignment of the Strobist Boot Camp. The assignment was on food, which I've never really attempted to shoot before (maybe because I'm too busy eating it instead), and I really enjoyed it.
Some of my favorite books to buy are cookbooks with big pictures of colorful, delicious food. First I drool over the food then I try to reverse engineer the lighting and take note of the colors and the props in the foreground and background. For me, there's something very comforting in good food photography. I love it. And if you ever need a quick reference to some good food, go check out Food Network. I'm addicted.
Now that I've worked up an appetite, I'm going to make some pan-seared Mahi with spinach mashed potatoes (get the recipe here)... Thanks, Publix.

"If the divine creator has taken pains to give us delicious and exquisite things to eat, the least we can do is prepare them well and serve them with ceremony." -- Fernand Point

2 comments:

Jen Chandler said...

And that pan seared Mahi with spiniach mashed potatoes was darn delicious :)

Your photo is lovely. I like that it's monocramatic. And it's very purist: oreos and milk! Yum.

Charlie said...

"C is for cookie - that's good enough for me!"

 
 
Copyright © jon chandler photography
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates